Situated near Ela farm at Old Goa, Shri Gomanteshwar Devasthan Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva under the name of Gomanteshwar or Goveshwar. It is believed to have been built by Madhava Mantri, the minister of the Vijaynagar Empire. The temple tank is named after him as Madhava Tirtha. Shri Gomanteshwar Devasthan Temple was originally built in the 14th century. The Portuguese brought down the temple and established a Church of Santissimo Trinidade (the most Holy Trinity) in the 16th century. The temple was rebuilt in the year 1947 in a simple structure with tiled roof. Mahashivratri, the birthday of Lord Shiva is celebrated at Gomanteshwar temple with great religious fervor and devotion.